Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Wow, another free moment..

Hello again! I am sure you weren't expecting another update so soon. Yeah, me either. Well, things are still good. I find myself going a little crazy though. I think I need to find myself a little hobby of some sort. If I plan on staying home with the kids, i think I need to find something to keep me busy. I honestly think Jayden is getting so sick of seeing me all day. I hope that I do get better at braving the outdoors with my kids because I don't have a clue what is going on outside my door. It isn't exactly helping me lose the baby pounds either. Ugh!! I have done some interesting work out videos..I think I get more entertainment out of watching Jayden trying to do them with me. If anyone knows of a really good video or anything to do at home to lose weight..I am all ears! I would love to get down to the weight I was at before I got married.

Anyhoo..I wish I had a ton more to update on, but like I said, I really don't leave my basement much. Ooh.. here is a good question for you Moms out there. How old were your kids before you started puting them in time out?? I know Jayden understands what I am saying to her, but of course when I tell NOT her to do something, I am speaking a foreign language. She is a very mellow kid most of the time, but when she decides she wants something, it is a full on fit until she gets it. fun stuff.

I got some of my pictures to download so I will post some for ya.. :)

That is the closest I could get to a smile... lovely right?

This time I say "smile for Mommy, show me your pretty teeth" Hmm.. not a whole lot of progress is being made. ugh!

This one is good because she doesn't have to look at me or smile. Interesting.

Looks like a little fighter. He's ready.

Looks like the beginning of a beautiful friendship. I had to put him down to help Jayden and when I turned around, I thought they looked so cute next to each other. My Mimi Tinnin gave this to Talon. George is as big as he is. Too cute.

13 comments:

Johnson Family said...

Great Pictures. We started Sydney in timeout at three. It worked... but I have come to the conclusion that these girls are born knowing how to throw fits. Good luck!

KKandKoKo said...

Oh look how cute! I like the one where she is kissing him :)
I finally got off my butt and started a workout and I'm going to post it on my blog, so check it out. I hurt, but only because I haven't worked out for years LOL!

Misty Anderson said...

Cute kids! We started timeout for trevin at about 3. Good luck! your so lucky to have a boy and girl!

Goldies said...

p90x workout dvd, i got them from kristin and i'm burning them for ryan and i can burn them for you. they suck, in a good way. not that you can tell from me since i'm not disciplined but they do work... jayden's face showing her teeth is so funny!

Yorgason Family said...

so cute.. I know it is hard to brave the outings with 2 kids.. i have no idea how I am going to do it with 3.. I think I will become a home buddy myself. we should have a play date sometime..

Rossanne said...

I love Talon with the monkey so cute.

Let me know what night is good for dinner talk to you later!

shannan maio said...

Well, you do look great. I love the pictures... Lets hang out!

Deamers said...

I think I started putting Reese in timeout as soon as she started doing something naughty that warranted a time out. aka quite a while ago. I use the crib, which some people say is a bad idea. But I like her to be somewhere safe, and I only do it for a little bit. some people use the one min. for every year old, and time it. My biggest thing about time out is that you take them out of a situation that is causing a problem, or dangerous situation for them or any other children around them. My new thing with timeout is maybe not a traditional time out. But if Reese throws something she shouldn't, she immediately has to sit down and fold her arms. Like I maybe put her on the couch and she sits and I wait till she says sorry, It doesn't have to be long, It has been really effective, she hardly ever throws at all anymore.

Deamers said...

When Reese used to throw her food off her tray, she would get a warning and then her food would be taken away and I would put her in her crib for about a min. She always gets to go back to the food of course if she wanted to. I think you should start timeout today. They need to know that you're serious and that there is consequences, plus sitting in your crib ( I always leave the lights on so she knows it's not the same as nap time) Or sitting sown on the ground, or couch or certain chair, is not that big of a consequence, it's not going to hurt them, but just teach her she can't do whatever she wants. When Reese has a fit (if we're home) I like to leave the room till she calms down to show her I don't care,

Deamers said...

sorry those were such big comments! Also you obviously get to do whatever you want with timeouts!

Gatherum's said...

your little man is a cutie! Love your pictures...

Joshalynn said...

Hello old friend. I was on Pugh's site, which led me here to see how you are. The family is cute; we miss you at work. okay, two things 1. we started Mya in timeout at 18 months. She is just over two now and she definitely knows that sitting in the hall means she has to apologize for what she did. Also, it is a way for me to back away from the moment and laugh without her seeing me. I think she mostly hates that the "blankie" doesn't get to go to timeout with her. and... 2. do you have an exercise ball? I love mine! It is the easiest way to get muscle at home.

Joshalynn said...

Hello old friend. I was on Pugh's site, which led me here to see how you are. The family is cute; we miss you at work. okay, two things 1. we started Mya in timeout at 18 months. She is just over two now and she definitely knows that sitting in the hall means she has to apologize for what she did. Also, it is a way for me to back away from the moment and laugh without her seeing me. I think she mostly hates that the "blankie" doesn't get to go to timeout with her. and... 2. do you have an exercise ball? I love mine! It is the easiest way to get muscle at home.