
I did this one for my friend. She planned her 5 year anniversary and asked if I would make a cake that looked like her wedding cake (on a much smaller scale). I was happy that the buttercream went pretty smooth. I am not all that great with fondant, yet. Personally, I think fondant taste like glue! Yes, I have tasted glue. Buttercream tastes MUCH MUCH better!! I am just happy to start practicing on cakes again. I want to try and get back into it. I can't even tell you how excited I am to start my cake class!! I am a little nervous though. I am sure I will learn A TON!
While I am doing cakes.. Jayden has way too much time on her hands!! Note to self, put markers one shelf higher!
Sunday, January 17, 2010
My next cake....
Posted by Challise and Rusty at 5:52 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Challise, that looks awesome! I so miss doing cakes but just can't right now. How did you get the buttercream so smooth? You'll have to teach me. Fondant does taste like crap but I started home making it and it tastes much better, let me know if you ever want the recipe!
The cakes look great! And all your other projects are so dang cute! I need you to make me some cute things. Bibs, binki thing, diaper case. You are talented! Hope all is going well. Whats new with you? How are you? I sure miss you, we really should just plan a date and meet up. Talk soon
Hey Challise! It's Jen Luckau. I was blog hopping and found yours (yeah, I'm just that lame...)Anyway, you look like an awesome cake decorator. I seriously might have to hire you! My kids have terrible allergies so they have to deal with my..um...less than stellar birthday cakes. You are very talented!
Post a Comment