Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Another round of family pics.


We finally had a big Peterson family picture. The last time we had our pictures taken I was in 8th grade... or even 7th. So you can imagine how much the family has grown since then. It was nice to finally have one taken. Although, it does make me sad that we kind of needed to hurry and take one because of my dear Grandma. Her health doesn't seem to be getting any better. Just recently we all found out that she has cancer. I am pretty sure it is in her back. She seems to be in pain constantly. They have tried everything under the sun to make her more comfortable. No success at this point. I feel horrible because it is almost painful for me to visit with her, because when I am not there I can pretend things aren't that bad. When I am there, not only does reality hit, but you can't do anything to help make her feel better. So, it has been rough. I think all the cousins could agree and say she has always been a HUGE part of our lives growing up. We had constant sleep overs at her house. I don't know why but I never really remember her or my Grandpa awake during alot of these babysitting sessions. :) We loved tickeling Grandpas nose with something to make him snort funny. We would just stare at Grandma because she would always make funny noises too.. ha ha good times. The long drives with them so we could all go boating was the best. We are so thankful Grandma kept Grandpa awake on the road. (trust me, it was a major concern!) Non-the-less, I am glad we all were able to get together and get a family picture taken. Other than my screaming kids that HATE behaving for pictures, the main picture I think went better than expected.

Here is Talon playing around..... Good thing you can't smell through the computer, that kid stunk. Don't worry, Rusty took care of it. ha ha. Good Dad.

That pic of Talon freaks me out!! He looks way older than the 6 month old I still think he is.... oh my heck, where has the time gone!!???


Surprise, this is the best pic I could get of Jayden. Could't stay still for anything.

Now completely off topic, We had an activity for the young women to put together "marriage scrapbook" So I had a wild hair and decided to whip up a little cake to put on the table, and to eat of course.

For how quick it was put together, it could have been worse. I made the frosting way too fast and put too much milk in it. Soooo, of course when I did my piping, it just pulled away from the cake. It's been way too long since I've done a cake. So, I'll chalk it up to that. So, ignore the double border on the cake. Still, I had fun doing it. I am actually signed up for a cake class. It is pretty pricey.. but I have always taken classes at Roberts or stores like that.. So it will be fun to take classes from a lady that makes AMAZING cakes. I am way excited! If you like cakes, you'll have to check out her blog. Christinamillerscakes.blogspot.com



Nevermind the bowls under the cakes. I didn't have my turntable. :) One of these days, I will really know how to throw a really nice cake together... you've gotta start somewhere right?

6 comments:

Stuart and Sarah said...

Sweetie the cake you made for me on my birthday was so beautiful and wonderful. I am excited for you and you cake class.

Jylaire said...

I think the cake looks great! Why oh why can't kids just behave for major family functions?

Deamers said...

Beautiful cake! I want to take more classes too. That is my aspiration in life to make pretty cakes!

Chris, Kristina, Nathan and Audrey... said...

I agree with the others, the cake looks great! Much better then I could do. Your kids are so cute! Even if they won't behave during the pics, the candid ones turn out great!!

Lori said...

UM GORGEOUS cakes! You, Danielle, and Paige are so talented at EVERYTHING:)
I'm sad to hear about your grandma. She'll be in my prayers.

Really cute picture of your grandparents!

Yorgason Family said...

ok teach me challise, I suck at making cakes and could use some help. How much does it cose?