Lately I have lost my "crafty bug"(if you can even call it that). My sewing machine wasn't working for me so, out of pure laziness (and not have a clue how to deal with "broken" sewing machines).... I just put stuff away rather than figuring out what was wrong. Yup, I am that lazy. :) I went to my sister's house and she showed me what she bought at a boutique. I LOVE LOVE boutiques (if you ever go to one, CALL ME :), but you do have to admit, some things seem a little overpriced for how simple some of the projects can be. None the less, I am happy she spent the money so we could make it. She bought this head band...
And so we made our version. I made one for me and one for Jayden. I tried to put it on Jayden and she ran. Next best thing, Talon. Besides, now I know it looks cute on a baby with short hair. If you can tell, I interrupted Jayden drawing on Talon with a yellow highlighter....lovely. Just pretend my parenting skills are better than they are during "craft time".
I wish I took a pic of my sister's. She made a cute one too... maybe I'll take a picture when I see her.
THEN, I finally busted out the sewing machine to attempt these baby booties that I have been wanting to make. I've been a little intimidated about it. I finally did one. I made a ton of mistakes. I will chalk it up to being my first time. Now I just have to figure out how to make another one that looks something like the first in order to match as a set..... Hmmmm.
I am excited to try some of the other ideas I have in my head to try. Let's remember, the way things happen in my head..... not so much the same as to what really ends up happening. I still have to try and figure out a pattern for my next one.. I am hoping I can pull it off.. I would tell you what it is but, if I did.. many of you might think "duh, I know how to put that together" and wonder why I struggle soo bad at this crafty stuff. I will let you guys think I am putting together some amazing project... but really it might just be a hot pad. ha ha ha...
Also, I want to thank everyone for their prayers and kind words to me and my family when my dear Grandma (Mi-Mi, that's what our kids called her) passed away. I never realized really how much pain she really was in until I saw her before the viewing. She looked so happy to have that pain taken away. I know she is very happy right now. Thanks again!!!
Thursday, February 25, 2010
Yahoo... new fun projects!
Posted by Challise and Rusty at 4:34 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Seriously?! Both are stinkin adorable. I wish I had that kind of talent. The only thing I'm good at is cleaning:)
You are so super crafty! I love it! Listen, are you guys busy next weekend? I want you up for dinner Saturday if you're not! Just think of the fun! email me at jylaire@hotmail.com and let me know! I'd have you call me, but I usually can't find my phone!
wow holy crap, amazing booty! shouldn't you have made a copy of the bootie and just did it backwards/
Post a Comment