Hello . I can't even believe that it has been this long since I last updated my blog. Things have been so crazy... life changing since I last updated. I am not entirely sure as to why I was so secretive when I was pregnant with Austin. For one really good reason I didn't update was because I am so darn sick when I am pregnant. I just didn't have it in me to sit down and update my blog acting like I was not on my death bed.. ok I can't prove it was my death bed, but it sure felt like it. Me and Rusty were dealing with what to do with our next big step, buying a house. That seemed to eat up all of my time. I felt like we were constantly looking at houses. It seemed to never end. We kind of just stumbled across our realtor that we end up using. We initially didn't want one. We just wanted to do this on our own with out dealing with a realtor. So when we said yes to this lady about showing us some houses... it was mainly because we didn't know how to say no. We felt like we could do a pitty date with our realtor and then move on. Well, the very first visit we walked through our house. I loved it when I saw it on line and Rusty was on board after he actually walked through it. He didn't fall in love with it like I did when he saw it online. I can't say it is because there is some fancy setup to the house at all. It really is your basic home. But for some reason I loved it. I begged Rusty to look into it..he did. Only to find that there were like 6 offers on the house. We were bummed. We pretty much had to walk away from it. They were asking more than what we wanted to pay. I know Rusty would never jump into the first house he saw paying more money than we had planned on right off the bat. So the weeks went by with us looking at house after house after house after house. I was starting to get so frustrated. We just couldn't go through a house with the same excitement like we did with that first house. We seemed to compare them all to the first house. I was getting so frustrated! I was due to have my baby boy in a couple of weeks and I really wanted to come home to a new house. New beginning all together. So I randomly pulled up the MLS number to the first house and found that not only was the first house still on the market but that they had dropped the price right where we needed it!! I remember it was a Sunday evening when I saw it. So bummed I couldn't call someone RIGHT NOW. I ran to show Rusty and he agreed to try to put in an offer the next day. Needless to say, we put in the offer and about a month later we were approved! The house was ours! I am not even going to into details about how the rest of the time went before closing. Rusty was out of town and I needed to close on the house by myself. Not exactly what I pictured when me and Rusty bought our first home together. But it was done. I had a home! We closed on Dec 3rd and moved in the next week. All I can say is... I will hire someone to clean the next house if the previous owners owned any pets with hair!!! This entire house was furry! Every inch of this house needed to be scrubbed down. The house looked so clean.. but little did I know... hair was EVERYWHERE!! I was way too big pregnant to do what I wish I could. Thank goodness I had family come and help clean the place up. It was only a week later that I ended up have Austin. December 16th Austin was born. I was able to come home with my new little guy. It was so nice! It is nice to finally have a place to call home. The kids love it. Although it was pretty comical watching them fall like flies. We have wood floors through out the house and the kids weren't use to that at all. They slipped at least 3 times a day each! And hard! They now have the hang of it. We have been here now for almost exactly a year now. I absolutely love my neighborhood... love my neighbors.. love my ward. I am so lucky. I know..I KNOW.. we were meant to be in this house. It just came together so crazy like. I could not be happier with how this all worked out. I am able to stay home with my kids. Which that will need a blog entry all by itself! But I do love it. I apologize for people that are reading this (I doubt anyone even knows I am back on) but we just got a new laptop, which is why I am able to update, and I keep pushing buttons to make paragraphs..and it all goes back to one big story. Sorry. But if you know me, you know I am not good at that stuff anyway. :) Hopefully I will be able to update more often. Not so much so people and can read.. but I have always been so big on journals.. and updating things in our lives together. I like that I am able to add little bits with pictures and blab on about things. I don't take the time to blab about things in my journals because...well because I have to handwrite all my blabbing. If I type it..I can blab a lot quicker without the tired hand of writing. :) I know this was a really quick update... but it is an update right?? That will just have to work for now. I will hopefully figure out how to update pictures with this laptop and then we will be in full swing! ha ha...
Friday, November 30, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I'm glad to hear the family is doing well! Miss ya! Hugs!
About time you caught up with your life, I still blog stalk you guys! Congrats on the new little one, your other angels are getting big! XOXO
Sarah
Post a Comment