So, those of you who are interested in this pregnancy, I have a little update for you.
Well two days ago (Saturday) I went into labor. I actually thought I was just going to get an IV because of how sick I was Saturday. I couldn't keep a thing down. I figured I was coming down with the flu and that would explain some of the body aches I was having. Finally, I called the doctor and he said to come in and at least get some fluids. When we got there, the contractions were pretty good. Boy are those things lovely!! They kept me there to see if the fluids would calm my contractions down. They stayed pretty strong and steady. They then had this wonderful idea of putting a shot of something, I think it was morphine with some other drugs, into my hip!!! I don't know how many of you girls out there have had this shot, but if you ever have to, grab your stuff and just run. HOLY COW that was the worst shot I have ever had in my life! Rusty laughs at how far off the bed I jumped. That nurse is just lucky I didn't go psycho on her. I'm capable of irrational things like that. After that shot settled in, I was as loopy as ever. I don't know how you could push a kid out with those drugs in your system. I couldn't keep my eyes open if you paid me. I was getting to the point where English didn't sound English anymore.
Here comes the part I really don't understand. When they checked me I was at a 3. Totally surprised I would already be at a three. Well, an hour and a half later they checked me and found that I was still at a 3. Even though my contractions were still every 2-3 minutes, they sent me home and said that if I came back that night they would keep me. I should have come back.. but would rather get some sleep with those fancy drugs in my system. Needless to say, these past two days have been filled with, "should I go, no, I'll stay" "maybe now I should go" "no, they'll just send me home". One thing I do know, is that this kid is coming this week. I honestly can't see myself going past this week. But you never know. I have a Dr. appointment tomorrow. We'll see what he says. I'm sure he will want to start me. He didn't really like how the heart was sounding at the last appt. (another fun thing right?) (deep breath) I'll try to update ya when I get word. Thanks everyone for letting me vent a little. :)
Monday, September 15, 2008
Careful what you wish for....
Posted by Challise and Rusty at 10:44 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


8 comments:
Hang in there Challise, I know it is tough but you are almost done. If there is anything you need let me know.
I can't figure out why they let you leave. WHen I was in the hospital they did the same thing. your contractions are five minutes apart you can go home. Um excuse me I thought that's when you are supposed to go in. Plus yours were only two minutes! I bet you've been freaking out! I was thinking how I can't even imagine having another one right now, so good luck, I wish you were close, but if you need someone to take Jayden let me know.
They gave me a shot of morphine after I had Makenna. It made me vomit like no ones business and I was so loopy. We actually have video (lovely) of me and its funny. I was so tired after they gave it to me and was having a hard time concentrating on what people were saying. I hope everything goes smoothly with the birth and that you have a cute name picked out, your gonna need it!!
Good luck with your appointment and the possibility of a new little one this week. Let me know if and when you do have him and how things are going. If there's anything I can do to help ya out, just holler! Take care!!
Hey Challise,
I hope everything goes good for you and your little one.
I am so shocked they let you leave.
Oh by the way Jason's a huge broncos fan. The game was great yesterday.
Oh my goodness! You are a brave girl! You have been through it all that is for sure! Oh! I wish I was there 3 weeks and I will be!
I hope your appointment goes well, its always scary not knowing what you should do like you said "should I go in? should I wait?" Its stressful. My pregnancies didn't last that much longer than where you are at and I'm told that technically at 37 weeks, the baby is full term. If you're not already in the hospital, I say just go with your gut feeling and it never hurts to play it safe. Good luck!
Hopefully unnamed baby boy is still en-utero...I'm really hoping for your sake that you're feeling better and contraction-less for now! That baby needs a couple more weeks! Keep us posted!
Post a Comment