Friday, May 15, 2009

I couldn't even imagine!!


I don't know what I would do as a parent with a cute little girl that was sick. Sick to the point that she lived in the Hospital most of the time. Not only being sick, but sick and Doctors don't have a clue how to help. One of my co-workers told me about this cute little girl. Not realizing it was the same girl that brought a tear to my eye a week earlier on channel 5 news. This little girl is 10 months old and only 10 pounds 6 oz. She keeps shrinking. She has a feeding tube that pumps calories into her. Nothing seems to help her grow. She is not able to interact with people much for the fear of getting sick. Well, they are doing a little fundraiser for her this weekend to help her get the money they need to go out to Boston for medical attention.
I was really excited to be apart of this. My sister and I put together something really quick for them to sell at this event. We just found out about it yesterday. Danielle is putting together a little side business of all the bows and things she makes for our little ones. It is called Cutie Pie Ties. She does a really good job with all the bows she makes. I wish Jayden had a lot more hair to play with!! It is getting there. So here are some pics of what we are selling at the fundraiser and info about this cute little girl Maggie. Please read her story. She is the cutest little girl. If you can donate anything, awesome! If not, come check it out. It is a yard sale, bake sale, boutique type of thing... So anything really goes.

We forget how lucky we are to have healthy kids! I have complained a lot about how sick my kids, especially Talon, have been. It has been so draining to deal with everything that comes with a sick kid. I will take that any day over seeing your cute helpless kid so sick and not knowing if they will ever get better. If they will ever know what it is like to feel well. I am sure we all know how frustrating it is to go to the Doctors and they aren't able to really do anything..Having a kid that sick and they don't know what to do would frustrate the heck out of me! It breaks my heart.

1 comments:

Mindy said...

The bows are adorable Challise!!! This is my little niece, thanks so much for your help!! You have no idea how much we all appreciate all the support given. Thanks again! :)