
I feel so bad for my little Talon. That kid seems to always have something going on. Lately he has been having a bunch of high fevers. I am clueless as to why he is getting them. We took a trip to St. Mark's hospital not too long ago with a fever of 104.2. They couldn't find anything wrong and sent us home. A couple of weeks later he went up to 102.6. A couple more weeks later he is at 104.8. I then made a call to the on call Doctor. He has had a high fever for about 3 days and just Tuesday night he spiked up to 104.8. I know Doctors normally tell you that with a fever you don't have to worry too much. Just keep an eye on them, keep them pretty much drugged with Motrin or Tylenol and that is about it. Lovely. I did that for the first two days. Talon is pretty much a happy kid. He doesn't fuss much. These past couple days he has just been upset. He has been crying like crazy at certain times. The part that breaks my heart is that as soon as you pick him up, he just cuddles into your neck. He will stay there as long as you let him. The other day he slept for what seemed to be 11am to 6pm with small breaks in between. If he wasn't asleep in his bed he was asleep on your shoulder. So, anyway, when I did talk to the Dr. after that spike she told us to head up to Primary Children's Hospital and have him tested for the swine flu. Not so happy thoughts run through my head! So off we go.
Thank goodness the test results came back negative for the swine flu!! So now off we go to our normal doc. (awesome Doctor). I am told to keep a calendar on Talon. I need to track all his fevers and all the fun stuff that comes with it. I guess there is something out there called RFS. I think that stands for rapid fever syndrome or something to that effect. The sad part is that they really don't have any answers for why kids get RFS. So, we'll see how this all goes. I guess the main thing that worries me (and I forgot to ask the Doc) is when are seizures a concern with fevers that high? That freaks me out!! I am hoping my little guy will start feeling better. It just rips you apart to see him so out of it and all he wants to do is cuddle.
Just a quick update for the 3 people (maybe 3) that read my lovely life stories. Thanks for "listening" to me vent for a sec. Poor little guy! I am crossing my fingers that we are able to find out what is going on with him soon.
Thursday, July 2, 2009
ANOTHER trip to the Hospital....
Posted by Challise and Rusty at 8:50 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
I'm sorry! Poor little guy. I hope he gets better soon! Keep us updated.
Oh man, I'm sorry! That really sounds awful. Hope it gets better for you guys. Kids are so scary sometimes and especially fevers b/c theres only so much you can do. Good luck!
Does this mean that I'm one of your favorite 3 people? Sorry about the sick kiddo! I hate fevers, but I do LOVE the cuddliness (is that a word) of sick babies! Hope he gets better, and soon!
I guess this means that 4 people read your blog! I hope your little one is OK that sounds scary! Keep us posted on him. Poor little thing.
KJ had RFS. It's sad to see them go through that! KJ's lasted for about a week and than he was fine. It is one of those things were you have to let it take its course, or so what my doc said, and give plenty of tyenol and liquids.
Your kids are so cute. That was fun going out on Saturday.
I hope Talon does not get sick. He is such a good little baby.
Let's go play some golf again soon.
As a mom you know when something is wrong. I wish you could just find a answer. I know how you feel! Hang in there if It keeps happening tell them they need to run more test. Give me a call, we need to hang out.
Post a Comment