Sunday, December 13, 2009

Jayden's first performance!!!!

Ever since I found out I was having a baby girl, I have waited for this day. I have always wanted to be one of those Mom's that have one of the cute little girls up on stage. I finally had my happy Mom moment for Jayden's Christmas recital. I really didn't know how she would do. When we would ask her to show some things she has learned in class, she'd freak out and say no! So, I figured this performance could go many directions. I was just crossing my fingers that she would stay on stage. That's all.

When we go there, she immediately wanted up on the stage. It was a good thing she was only the 7th dance in. I don't know how much longer I could tell her to wait. She was excited to be in her little Santa costume. She went behind stage, I ran like crazy to get back in to watch. She stood around for the most part. Did a dance move here and there. Tried to keep up with some of the moves.. and then done. I was soooo excited that she stayed on stage. SOOO EXCITED! Kind of funny, but I was the proud Mom seeing her up there trying to dance. YAHOO!! I tried to take a ton of pictures, I think I was annoying the people in front of me. So instead of taking 50 pictures during a 1 minute dance, I took 45. :)

first in line is Kailey, my niece. My sister Danielle is Santa's little helper..ha ha. She is perfect elf size! Sorry Danielle, someone had to say it. Then Kaysha, Danielle's youngest THEN Jayden.



Talon was pretty entertained at the recital with this little "dance hat". I wish I had a video to post. He would laugh so hard. There is just nothing better than hearing his little laugh. Love it! love it! Me and Rusty just stood back, laughed and watched him run around. Kids are just too much fun sometimes!




I FINALLY went and got my camera. Boy did that take me forever! Thanks Mel for storing my stuff! I laughed when I remembered what pictures we took last on the camera. I found one of my old dance outfits when I was a little girl and tried it on Jayden. She loved it. She thought she was a little star.


I will have to dig out the photos of me in that outfit and compare the two. Pretty funny.
Here are some pics of Jayden in her first attempt for dance classes. I had her in this class for a couple weeks and then decided she needed more experience or years behind her before she attempted this class. She was all over the place. They would have these cute flowers they dance with. All the girls are doing what they should with them, and mine?? Well, Jayden decided to ride her flower like a stick horse and run around the class. Yup.
Then when I saw her standing in the back corner of the class just standing there, I decided, she might just be too young. Dangit! My aunt then suggested putting her in this tap/clogging class with all young kids and see how she does. She loved the shoes that made noises. She seemed to fit in much better with kids her own age. She loves dance now. Next year we will try that jazz class again.



How sad is that picture of her by herself standing in the corner?? Poor thing. I am hoping she can keep up with this class next year.

1 comments:

Rossanne said...

She looks so adorable. I hope you guys have a Merry Christmas.