Tuesday, April 20, 2010

My outlet....

Okay, so I am not sure if I should even be writing this, because it could be nothing..but I am just stirring in my thoughts right now. Going crazy. So, I am going to vent for a second.. feel free to skip this post. :)

Well about two weeks ago I had one of my famous headaches and put my head in my hands. This is when I noticed that my left eye stuck out more than my right. I thought this was odd and therefore needed everyone in the house to see if they felt the same thing. They all did. I didn't really think much of it, just thought it was weird. My Mom coincidentally had an appointment with her eye Dr. and asked him about it. Of course there is a long list of things it could be. Nothing too great either. He told her I needed to be seen asap and have it checked. I made an appointment that day for the following Monday. I was not even really worried about it yet. concerned? Sure. For some reason it hit me on Sunday that it could be a bad thing. Should I be assuming it is nothing first? Sure I am... but I always think the worst for some darn reason. So, I am freaking out about the possibility that it could be a tumor. Yup, freaking out. I understand I could be looking at some type of Thyroid disease.. and other fun stuff, but this tumor thing has me all worked up. I am hoping it's something completely little and I am just making a fool of myself. PLEASE let me make a fool of myself. SOOO, I went to an eye Doctor and everything seemed to look okay EXCEPT that something is pushing my eye out. (no biggie right?) He was concerned to see that. Lovely. So I don't know if when he said my eye looks "really good", if that meant that thyroid stuff was ruled out and now it looks more and more like a tumor.. don't know. I tend to zone out when I am freaking out inside at the doctors. I think of all the questions I want to ask as I am walking out the door. . . . Now I am scheduled for a CT scan on Wednesday to see what is going on. Cross your fingers please for me that things turn out okay. I can only think of my kids, and then pray, pray, pray, that everything is fine. **Deep breath**

5 comments:

Lauren Tatton said...

Oh my! I will be praying for you! Wow I hope it is okay!

Chris, Kristina, Nathan and Audrey... said...

Thinking about you, praying for you and fingers are crossed Challise!! Let me know if I can do anything for you. Love ya tons!!!

Cook Family said...

Are prayers are with you!!! Lots of Love!!

Pilchers said...

hey sweetie. I will keep you in my prayers.

Lori Thomas said...

I hope things go well with the tests! Will be praying and thinking about you. Keep us posted!