I made these cakes for a girl in my ward. The little one was for her actual wedding. I think it was a Thursday night that she told me she was getting married that Saturday. They just randomly decided to get it done. She wasn't planning on having a cake there. I couldn't sleep thinking that she wasn't gonna have a cake.. I mean a cake is what makes it a wedding right? So, I hurried and made a small version of her cake. I felt much better. :) It's all about how I feel right?
I just got done with her main cake for her reception (a month later). Boy did I go nuts... I had the busiest week of my life! My time has been taken up by sooo many things this week. Then tryingn to get a cake done ontop of it..was very very tricky. I know I could only dedicate one day to this cake for putting together. It was suppose to be the night before... but half way into it my airbrush gun gave out on me!!! I was in the middle of using it. I FREAKED! I had to stop where I was at (midnight) and figure something out. I had nothing. I took my airbrush to work praying that my buddy Glen could fix it. HE DID! So then I had a matter of 2 hrs to hurry home and pull this together! I could pick this cake apart but I won't.:) I am just happy it turned out, I have my airbrush gun again... And I think she liked the cake. I'll take it!!
Friday, September 17, 2010
Recent cakes...
Posted by Challise and Rusty at 3:09 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


8 comments:
Gorgeous GORGEOUS! but, I don't quite get it (i'm slow, I know!) she needed a cake for her reception and for what else? She needed two? I should be blonde:)
ha ha.. no worries Lori. It is kind of confusing. Her wedding date was on 9-17. They out of no where decided on a Monday to get married that saturday. So they had a little ceremony in their back yard. Just family. So I made a cake for that. They kept their reception on the 17th of september (which was suppose to be the ceremony too, but did that part a month earlier) So they invited everyone to the reception and had the big shin dig. Did that make sense? ha ha. That makes me miss you Lori. Good times.
You are very talented!! You should seriously think about starting a business making cakes. A lady in my home ward took a cake decorating class with my mom forever ago and turned it into a huge business. Carrie's Cakes... if you've heard of it. Anyway, maybe you already have a business, if not, start one!! you do an awesome job!
Beautiful! I've been doing cakes like crazy too. I'm on a kick making my own marshmallow fondant. WAY easier to work with!
You've got some mad talent girl!! You need to open a business!! PS. Do you make your cakes from scratch?
It was wonderfull Challise!!! I loved both of them. They tasted amazing and looked gorgeous!!!! THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH FOR MAKEING THEM FOR ME!!!!! (sorry for the crazyness they caused) Love you and thank you thank you thank you thank you!!!!!
You cutie pants. You were sooo sweet to have a cake for me at my wedding and I will FOREVER be grateful for you for it. You are sooo talented!
You are so good. You should start your own business. I hope you guys are doing good.
Post a Comment