I am sure you are all sick of seeing another cake that I have done. I don't know what it is about cakes. You stress out like crazy when it is a wedding cake you have to make. You swear half the time while making it... and then you say this is the last one! Ha ha ha... good times. Slowly my cursing in the kitchen has gone down. I am starting to relax a little. There is something to be said for when you finally put the cake on the table, finish it off with flowers..(or whatever) and stand back and feel like you have just climed Mount Everest. Doesn't matter how small or simple the cake is. You are just so happy to have finished it. You really feel like you completed something. That might sound wierd to some of you... or all... but that is what keeps me doing the next cake that comes around. The "fun" kickes in when it turns out. When it doesn't...... I am just happy I don't carry a loaded gun. There are some serious issues when things don't happen like you had hoped. :)
Here is a simple but cute cake that a good friend I grew up with asked me to make. It was her second marriage so she didn't need anything too crazy. Sometimes those are the best ones anyway. I was glad she asked me to do it. I haven't see that family in many many years. My Dad did the wedding ceremony. He did an awesome job. Love that guy!
Saturday, November 6, 2010
More cake...
Posted by Challise and Rusty at 2:05 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment