Saturday, January 22, 2011

Wow.. I am struggling with blogging.

For some reason it seems like I just don't have time to sit and update my blog!! I will try and do a ton better. Especially because I need to keep my cute nieces updated over in England!! I have started my own little "England Money Jar" I would love love love to visit them!! If anyone feels bad for me that I have never been to England, feel free to donate all your money to me!! Or free skymiles... I won't be picky. :) So here are a bunch of completely random pictures to try and catch everyone up to speed as to what has been going on in my little world...

Jayden is always asking for a little "photo shoot". Pretty funny. I have so many different poses from this kid.. it is hilarious. I just sit back and laugh while she poses away. Good times.

We took the kids to the BYU vs UTAH basketball game. They loved it. Jayden danced away in the isle. I was born and raised a Utah fan.. and even when I got married I always rubbed in Rusty's face that I was a Utah fan. He is a BIG TIME BYU fan.. ugh! So needless to say, a couple unsportsmanship like conversations have been had in our home. ha ha... BUT.. having gone to a couple of these events, I find myself leaning more and more towards BYU... not really because of the team but because of the fans. Oh my gosh. I cannot believe the things that are said from the Utah fans about BYU.. and so many other things when we go to these games. I am almost embarrassed to say I am rooting for the same team as them. The fans are horrible!! Granted, I know there are some good fans out there.. and I apologize if you are one of them.. but lately I have been just amazed at the utah fans. grrrrr!! Sorry for the tangent.. but it had to be said. Anyway, the kids had a blast at the game. I am just praying they don't pick up on the words that were said around us.. :) Awkward!!

If you haven't tried any of these chocolate oreo pops.. YOU NEED TO. I love them. They are fun to make and very cute if I may say so. Everyone liked them. Or so they say. I gave a buch out for Christmas. Looked really cute for parties too. My good friend Erin's little girl had a princess party therefore, we had to have some oreo pops for that! Way cute. She made them with pink and purple chocolate.. stinkin cute!!


I made another one of the castle cakes for the princess party. It had a rocky start (which made me nervous) I made the cake at my mother-in-laws and I don't think I made the frosting the same.. which was a disaster. I think I talked more than paying attention to what I was doing. So it had me a little nervous.. but I covered it up enough that you can't tell that it was a struggle...too much. I was soo happy to hear her little girl say she loved the cake. That is all that mattered. That is why I love making cakes for little kids.. they are easy to please!

She had a cute idea for the candy buffet... Load the kids up with sugar.. then send them home. ha ha.



(Rusty would kill me if he knew I put this picture in.. ha ha) He doesn't read the blog.. so what he doesn't know won't hurt him... Don't you love the 80's lookin head or forehead slash ear warmer thingy?? Hot, right?
Then we spent some time up in Morgan with the Tattn family. I thought I had pictures of them on the sled with the horse.. but I guess I only video taped that. They loved being pulled behind the horse. It was fun being in Morgan with the family. Aunt Lauren came over from Connecticut with her cute little girl Addie. We had a little party for Addie. She turned 1.. technically she will turn one Feb 4th. But the picture of Talon waiting in line makes me realize how big my little boy is getting. My kids are growing up .. .. . and IT SCARES ME TO DEATH!!!

Talon has started the year off with one of his famous fevers... ugh! He spiked at 103 which isn't as bad as it could have been. (and has been). Then two nights later he woke up at about 2:45am screaming about his ear. He was pulling smacking his ears. Asking mommy and daddy to "take it out! take it out" :( poor little guy. Took him into the doctors and had a "bulging ear infection" He seems to be doing better. Thank goodness.

2 comments:

Lori said...

SAD!! I hate when they say things like "make it stop" or "help it" and you can't do anything about it. That breaks my heart. I hope Talon's fevers get better!

Ps. Jayden is stinking cute!

Pss.....
Say hi to your family for me!

Deamers said...

So cute, that's not your usual kind of cake either. Did you use any icecream cones?