Sunday, May 1, 2011

Busiest month of my life!!

I don't even know where to start. I honestly couldn't include all the stuff that went on in April. I had 5 cakes to do that month. Rusty was out of town for a week.. He had to prepare for finals like crazy. This meant I needed to be in "single mother" satus a lot longer than usual. Family visiting from out of town for my cousins wedding. Jayden turned 4!!! Which also meant planning a fun filled party.. since Dad was out of town she had two parties.. She loved it!! Jaydens first dance competition.. A roadtrip by myself with the kids to St. George. Talon had an earache on the way home. I felt so bad for that kid. It was a Sunday and not a single instacare was open. He screamed the whole way home!! It was a long ride home. :( We had to talk in sacrament.. which freaked me out like crazy!! Trust me, I am still leaving plenty out. I am officially EXHAUSTED!! UGH!! I am going to use that as my excuse as to why it has taken me forever to even post about April.

I am happy to see the beginning of a new month. This month couldn't start better... Rusty is done with school!!!!!! As long as I have known Rusty, He has been going to school. This will be so nice to have him home. The kids will LOVE having him home more. EXCITED doesn't even begin to tell you how happy I am to have him done with school. I am so proud of him. It hasn't been easy for him, or us at home. He has done an amazing job working full time and finishing his Masters while still taking care of all our needs here at home. YAHOO!!!

Here are a few of the pictures I have for this month.

Jayden has been loving dance!! I love it. She loves being up on stage. It is cute! She was so pumped for her trophy. She did a jazz and a hip hop dance. They took first in both dances. Seeing all the little girls up there shaking it... hilarious. Love it. Good Job Jayden!






They kids seemed to love St. George. We needed to help my Grandma with some landscaping at her house. The kids were more than happy to pitch in...



Here are some of the cakes I did this month. Liz, I really must love you for taking that cake up those hills. I said some not so nice words as the road kept getting higher.. and higher... But it go there in one piece. THANK GOODNESS.


And Liz YOU LOOKED BEAUTIFUL at your wedding. Absolutely loved your dress. You looked amazing.. and I am so happy for you guys. Thanks for letting me make your cake! And Sarah, You looked amazing with your LITTLE belly. You will be an amazing Mommy!

This cake is for my cousin Cara. This cake was crazy just because I wanted to make the flower out of gumpaste. I don't really do a lot with gumpaste. I tend to keep things pretty safe in my eyes with things I try. Gumpaste was out of my comfort zone but have always wanted to try working with it.. so, Cara was nice enough to let me use her cake as the experiment gumpaste flower. I think it turned out okay. She also wanted me to do a quick groomscake for her hubby. They are from Texas and they wanted a little shout out to his school.. so we made a longhorn cake. I would love to rewind and redo it.. but it worked out okay.



Jayden had a blast with all the stuff we did for her birthday.. I decorated her roomm just like how my parents did mine as a child. It was my favorite part about my birthday. I was so darn excited to do it. We hung candy on yarn all over her room while she was sleeping. After I did I was worried I was going to freak her out in the middle of the night. Thank goodness she slept through the night and was sooo excited with the candy. This will be a tradition for sure in my family. Too much fun.

My awesome friend Erin went and played with us at Chucky Cheese on her birthday. Rusty was out of town so it was fun to go and do something on her birthday. She thought all the balloons and birthday songs were just for her... I was totally okay with her thinking that. :) She had a hello kitty cake..didn't take a picture.. but I did make her a Barbie doll cake. It is a little shout out to when I was little. I did attempt this cake once and it fell apart.. so I said I will give it one more shot before she gets brownies!! Thank goodness the second attempt worked somewhat better... I just didn't get to spend much time on it. Everyone was on there over. But Jade liked it.. all that matters right?

First attempt

final cake

I will remember to get Jayden ready before I take pictures... ha ha. .

I can't believe she is already 4.. oh how it flys by!! Freaks me out.

I will have to post more later.. I tried posting this earlier and it lost all that I put down..ARGH!! so now I have spent WAY too much time trying to post all of this AGAIN.. I will have to stop here and hopefully post more later. I'm computer'd out.
;)

2 comments:

Stuart and Sarah said...

Love you girl! It was soo good to see you at the wedding! Keep making those cakes, they are BEAUTIFUL!

Stuart and Sarah said...

I locked up my blog and I don't have your email address. email me at princesarah24@yahoo.com so I can add you