Wednesday, April 23, 2008

She is ONE!!!

Sorry for taking so long with posting new pictures. Lately, it seems I haven't had any time to do any updating... well, I could update when she goes down. But, lets be honest, I would much rather be lazy and enjoy how quiet it is with her asleep.



Jayden had a birthday on April 5th. It is crazy to think that she is one! It makes me sad to see her grow up in a way. She has always been my snuggler, I don't ever want her to grow out of it. I honestly don't think any of my other kids will be as snuggly as she is. I love it! I'll have to cross my fingers and hope this next one loves their Mom just as much.

Grandma Kathy made her this cute little cake for her to dig in. I would like to say that she ripped it apart... Unfortunately, she had a lot of help with this one. It turns out she is more like her Dad than I had originally thought. She hates dirty. We sat that cake in-front of her and she just looked at it for a while and decided she was more impressed by her bare belly than the cake. She would, ever so slightly, touch the top of the cake to make a couple sprinkles fall off, and then look at us like "now what?". When she finally got some frosting on her fingers, she would swing her hand over to Dad as if he would help her clean it off. After we all got pretty bummed that she wouldn't tear into it, Uncle Aaron helped out by putting her foot through the cake. That didn't seem to go over well with Jayden. She then decided it was time to call it good.










Jayden got one of her favorite toys for her birthday. We threw a little BBQ for her birthday at my Mom's house. She got Jayden a little Elmo couch. She loves the one at my sisters house, so THANK GOODNESS they thought to get one for Jayden. When they brought that couch out, her face just lit up! She sat on that couch the rest of the night! It was cute because she would lean back in the corner of the couch, put one arm around the back of the couch and then cross her legs at the ankles. I tried really hard to get a picture of that... no such luck. I was too slow. She is also ver protective of this little couch. She only lets a select few "sit" on that couch with her. She is pretty content with her sippy cup and her toy dog on the couch. When Dad tries to lay on that couch, she crawls over and pulls his hair and pretty much yells at him to get off. Me on the other hand, we hang out on it all day. Ha ha.









She pulls a pretty sad looking face when someone sits on her couch. You almost start to feel bad for her. She then just turns and pushes the little ones off. That feeling goes away pretty quick. Little stink!




















Of course, you think back a year ago when they were so tiny. I never thought of her being this big already. For some reason I just thought she would stay tiny for much much longer. So, I am gonna add some pics of her when she was born... oh, how time seems to fly by.




9 comments:

Liz Royall said...

I can't believe it's already been a year!! That's amazing, how time flies and she is getting so big! Congratulations!

Lena said...

Babys do grow fast.....cherish sa much of the younger years as you can because before you know it their 12 and going to court...wait did I say that??? :

Brian, Sheena and Boys said...

Hey Tatton's, we came accross your blog from Jeff's so thought we'd say hi! You have a beautiful family, your little girl is so cute! Hope your second pregnancy is going well and that everyone is doing great! Feel free to look at our blog if you'd like.

Ashley said...

So, so cute! It looks like you guys had fun!

Goldies said...

Sorry about that darn Uncle Aaron sticking feet in cakes... I think you guys have full rights to torture Tatton now

Yorgason Family said...

Hi Challise I came across your blog from Rossane. How are you? Your little girl is adorable and only a few days younger than mine. Hope all is well. I would love to get together give me a shout. Heather (orgill)

SummerV said...

can you send your mailing address to mike?
mikevoorhies@yahoo.com

shannan maio said...

Hey girl, It has been way to long. How funny is it that we have the same back ground!
Thank you for the support during this time. It is a shocker and I still can not believe it has happend. On another note, We can now keep in touch.
Love ya
Your family is cute.....

Lauren Tatton said...

So cute oh little Jayden! We love you guys! She is to cute!