I can't even tell you how happy I am to finally have my little boy! It seemed like this day would never come! We had him on Monday September 29th. He was born at 10:51am. He weighed 7lbs 11oz and 19 inches long. We named him Talon Joseph Tatton. Alot of T's going on in his name, but we like it.
I will give you the quick version of how it all went. We checked in at around 8am in our room. Our doctor immediately broke my water. With in a half hour I started have contractions on my own. One thing is for sure, I never had these type of contractions with Jayden. I was in tears with my third contraction. They came on strong and fast. I was a wreck!! I don't care how easy the recovery is when you go natural, it is so not worth going through more of those contractions naturally because recovery would be easier. I didn't care if I had to recover for a whole year afterwards, that darn epidural couldn't come fast enough. So, hats off to those of you who brave natural child birth. YOU'RE CRAZY!! So I got my epidural I think around 9am or a little after. Due to the strong contractions I was already dilated to a 7. By 10:45 they were ready for me to start pushing. Talon was born with only having to push twice, THANK GOODNESS, at 10:51am. 3 hours isn't bad if you ask me. For some reason though, this delivery seemed to wear on me. I feel like I bounced back a ton easier when Jayden was born. Maybe I am just getting too old. I feel like a wimp with this one. Slowly but surely I am getting back into the swing of things.
The sad part is, that Talon had to be placed under the lights while in the hospital. I didn't get to hold him as much as I would have liked. It was kind of hard for me to see him in the nursery freaking out and you couldn't take him out. We were sent home with the lights and had to keep him in a little suitcase of lights. No fun!! We also had to go to the hospital every morning to have his little heel pricked. We ended up going in about 5 times. His heels are all beat up. I got the word from the doctor yesterday that he is finally cleared and no more tests for now. He is such a cute little boy! I LOVE it! He already has started to sleep most of the night.
Jayden is so darn cute with baby brother. She kisses him every chance she gets. She loves to take his socks off and tickle his toes. The best is when she tilts her little head to the side and says "hi buddy". Too cute! She wants to change his bum and feed him. When he cries, she gets up close to him and softly tells him to, "Shhh, Shhh". Things couldn't be better. Granted, my little girl has been with Kathy and Kara, THANKS AGAIN, for the past little bit until we could get Talon's jaundice out of the way, so I haven't really got into the swing of things with two kids at one time. I will be going to Morgan today to pick my little girl up. I can't wait to finally be Jayden's Mom again. I feel like she is gonna forget all about me. They have sent me some pics of Jayden having fun over there. I will have to post some. She loves her little cousin Tatton. They are cute together. I am glad she has a friend up there to keep her occupied. Anyway, this blog is long enough. I will update again soon.
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
I am not PREGNANT anymore!!!!
Posted by Challise and Rusty at 12:36 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


17 comments:
Congratulations! He is such a cute little boy! I bet you feel like a million bucks now that it's over with! Too cute...it kinda makes me want another one :)
He is just perfect! I'm so glad everything is great! We need to get together soon so we can see him!
I'm glad you put some pics up. He is so cute! I LOVE his name and thinks it's great that Jayden calls him "buddy". Looks like you've got a mommy's little helper there. :)
Congratulations!!! He is the cutest little boy. glad to hear things went well. Good luck adjusting to 2 kids. You'll do great.
Way to go Challise! Congrats on the baby Boy! Boys are so much fun!! and to think I was your age when I had my first and yes recovery is harder with every one.
What a cute little guy! Jaundice is not fun to deal with. Kinley had it forever!!! I am so glad things went well. congrats to your cute little family. Ü
Congratulations Tatton Family. He is such a cute boy and it is so much fun watching the other sibling interact with a new baby. Sept. 29th was when our second, Makai, was born. Good Day! Congrats again and good to hear all is doing well.
Yeah, congrats!!!He is so cute. I can't wait to meet him. Glad to hear you and the family are doing okay. Please let me know If I can do anything. Again Congrats.
Congratulations on the baby!! He is very cute! I hate those lights, Cole was in them for a week and it was terrible, so I feel your pain. Hopefully, you will get the hang of two kids. It's fun!
He is adorable, Challise! Good job! Congratulations! I've been wondering about you. You'll have to tell me how two kids are! I'm scared to death! I seriously get panic attacks thinking about taking care of a 17 month old and a newborn! Good luck!
Yeah!!! Congrats to you and your little family. I'm happy for you. I would love to see him once I get over my ridiculous cold. Sorry you had to go through so much pain, but what a blessing he didn't need the NICU.
He is adorable. Congrats to you and Rusty and a masterpiece.
Keep those pictures coming!!
Congrats I am so happy for you and I know how you feel I have to wait until January to have my little guy. but if there is anything you need let me know.
Challise! I found you! How cute is Jayden taking off Talons socks to tickle his toes. I love that! Anyway, I can't wait to read about your daily happenings. Then we'll be able to know what goes on in eachothers lives. It'll be just like old times when we ruled Kearns 14th..... We still do! lol.
He is super cute. What a good name. My friend just named her little boy that too. Congratulations!
This is a little late, but he is so cute! I need to finally see him in person. I'm glad he's finally home and healthy. How about giving us a call someday?
he is such a cute little man! we had so much fun with your little kids the are so great! love you thanks for coming and letting us take jayden
Post a Comment