
So, poor little Talon has had a cold for what seems to be FOREVER! Jayden then started acting up with a cold. that poor little girl wears it all on her little face when she is sick. You take one look at her and your heart just breaks. She will giggle and laugh but look so sick in the face. I tried to take a picture of her with no success. I felt bad because I told her to look at the camera, I snapped the shot and Jayden jumped and quickly covered her eyes crying saying that I hurt her eyes. I felt so bad. So, no sick pictures of Jayden. I just hope she doesn't turn out headache prone like me.
Talon on the other hand took a turn for the worse. His coughs sounded horrible and cried all night with half hour breaks for little cat naps. We took him in on Sunday just find out that Jayden was the one that needed attention. She has a double ear infection. Doc told us that the RSV test was negative. Finally Tuesday I took him back due to things getting worse. The doctor did the test and came back positive for RSV. We then had to do a chest x-ray and boy was that hard to watch!!! I cried. We then did a follow up visit the next morning. Dr was surprised how sick he looked. It was sad. His little eyes were so red. He just screamed and cried for almost a solid hour. We then gave him some oxygen and he seemed to calm down. The doctor then told me to head up to Primary Childrens Hospital. I checked him in at 1pm and finally saw a doctor at 5pm!! yup, I said 5pm!! If you ever want to get depressed in a hurry, hang out in the Childrens emergency room. You feel so bad for all these sick little kids. In effort to not make this the longest blog in the world... we ended up being checked in and monitored over night. He seems to be doing a little better today, but seems to still have some problems that will keep up all night tonight I'm sure. But I do have to say, I LOVE MY PEDIATRICIAN! He drove up to the hospital last night and this morning to check on my little guy. He is amazing. Any hoo... I'll end it right there. I am sure I could on and on about this experience... but I'll stop there. 
Thursday, February 19, 2009
What a week....
Posted by Challise and Rusty at 4:45 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


13 comments:
We've done the RSV thing, twice, with Beck. Definitely not fuN! Actually, nothing is good about having sick kiddos! I hope next week is better for your little family! Let me know if there is anything we can do!
Poor babies! Hope they both get better soon. Hang in there! :)
Good luck! I hope your kids start feeling better! It's so scary when they get really sick!
That is so sad. But is he out of the hostpital now1 I bet you're freaking out. I was a mess when Reese got RSV and she wasn't even hospitalized. Also I feel your pain about nursing I was very relieved when the whole thing was over. But you still feel like you can't stop! Uggh it's awful Good luck I'm sorry about everything!
Wow! I am so scared for this part of parenthood. I am glad that your kids are getting better. Hang in there!
Poor kids......poor parents! its so sad and scary when theyre sick and RSV is way scary! I hope things get better fast!
Sorry Challise that is awful.. Hope they get well soon.
It sure breaks your heart to see the little ones sick. Let us know if we can do anything.
Oh, poor little guy. I hope he's doing better. And I hope you guys are doing better as well. Jayden was so fun to have here. She was a good little Mommy to Tatton! We'll take her again anytime!
I am so sorry both your cute kids are sick! And the RSV thing is so scary, the thought of my kids getting RSV is what started my germ phobia. :) I'm sorry you all had to go through it, I think its so difficult as a parent to watch your children be sick. Hope everyone gets feeling better really soon!
Poor little Talon and Jayden. That's so hard to watch your kids like that.
I hope you had a great B-Day on the 24th! I was out of town so I didn't call you.
C you soon.
Mel
Poor little guy. Nothing is harder than watching your child when he is sick. We'll be sure to keep everyone in our prayers.
Kim
Challise!!!!!! Good to have found you on here! How are you?? Your family is just beautiful and I can't believe how everyone is growing up!!!!!! Please keep in touch, I'm so grateful for the blogging world :)
Kassie Afo Feinga
Post a Comment