Monday, May 17, 2010

First Wedding cake for the year....

So here is a picture of the cake she gave me to duplicate. Instead of circle she wanted square cakes. I was a little nervous because I have 1)never done an actual wedding cake with fondant 2)Never worked with royal icing. The corals are made of royal icing on the cake. 3)4 tiers makes me nervous with stacking 4) It needed to be delivered in DRAPER!!


So, I was a little anxious about it. You really want the cake to look good for someone's wedding. You would think you wouldn't be as nervous when it is for family... but nope didn't change a thing. Ha ha ha... once I get better at it.. maybe I won't be so nervous

So here is how it turned out... It actually survived the CRAZY DRAPER HILLS!! ha ha. It is a lot of fun when you actually put the cake together and start putting all the decorations on and see it all come together. I'm definitely still learning...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG!! You did SOOOOO good! You have some true talent girl!! Amazing!!

Deamers said...

First off, awesome cake!
second, holy crap do not get rid of that cricut machine I had to get on google right away, I had never heard of them, amazing! just think of ll the things you could do! My question is do you know if the regular machines can do that as well? I tried to google it but got no answers. Maybe I just need a special blade, and a new mat or something. Seriously I might call you right now to ask.

Jylaire said...

It is amazing!!! Well done!

Kim and Company said...

Wow! You certainly have a great talent!

Kathy said...

Challise, that turned out great!