Friday, August 21, 2009

Fun random projects...

So, I don't know what really got into me today... but I have had fun pretending I know what I am doing with a sewing machine. I'm glad you can't see these things too close up. I had fun none the less.

I had a bunch or random receiving blankets I never used. So, why not find a project for them. Since then I have found some really cute fabric I want to try this with. I couldn't decide if the flower or the bow looked better...


I don't know why they are loading side ways... oh well. I saw this fabric and loved it.I thought it looked perfect for a fu fu apron for Jayden. So far, it is turning out okay, for a rookie of course. Obviously it is not done yet, but hopefully I will finish it soon.

With the extra fabric I made Jayden a headband. My aunt Debbie is much much better at making these headbands. They have velcro on the underside to stay in the her hair. Surprisingly, it stayed in her hair very well. I will have to make some more (after I talk to my aunt of course, Debbie help me!!)


Good times!

5 comments:

Chris, Kristina, Nathan and Audrey... said...

Nice job Challise. I like the flower on the blanket and the apron is turning out super cute!!

Jylaire said...

I am really impressed! I love the apron! Too cute!

Yorgason Family said...

look at susie homemaker.. you are amazing... ok how old do they have to be to take dance with your aunt.. Hailey just turned 2 in april.

Anonymous said...

Good work. We may have to get together and do some sewing as I have been busy myself.

Deamers said...

That apron IS super cute!