Sunday, August 30, 2009

Discovery Gateway

Awhile back we went to Discovery Gateway and Jayden loved it. They even had a little place for Talon to crawl around. It was nice to take the kids and get out of the house and let Jayden run around and get all her wiggles out. She always wants to go somewhere. It was a nice little break to just sit back and watch Jayden go nuts. Talon seemed so entertained to just watch people... so all in all, it was fun. Therefore, we bought a pass. With Rusty starting school again, this will help me not go crazy (It is a long shot).





She loved the play house that was just her size. She liked dressing up in the costumes and playing on the stage. My favorite was the little bull costume. Too funny. We also got to be news reporters. ha ha. I am sure we will be back again soon. Oh and I will have to add a pic of Jayden freaking out at the water fountains. Pretty funny. Poor little Talon just hunched over in his stroller zonked out. He was one worn out kid when we left. It was kind of sad to see him just haning over. I had no clue he was like that until we got to the elevators. Poor kid.








As for a Talon update.... Things don't really seem to be getting any better really. He still spikes up to 103 fever almost once a week. I went back to the doctors this last Monday and they will FINALLY be looking into a fever syndrome that is not too common. I guess before they start doing testing on him, my doctor wants to look into the syndrome a little better and see what kind of things we will be dealing with. So of course that makes me happy to see that they will finally be looking into something else than just saying "it looks like it is just a viral thing" I can't tell you how sick and tired I am with hearing that!! Well, then that night or the next night his mouth exploded in blisters all over the place! He wouldn't take a bottle for the life of me. It just hurt too bad. He still has the blisters and the nights are still REALLY long. I feel so bad for this kid. He just can't seem to get a break. There is nothing worse than seeing your kid sick and not being able to do much about it. I can't say things have been too easy around here. They have actually been pretty hard for me. I feel like sometimes I have missed out on some "mommy classes" and I am just walking around clueless. The sad part is, is that my issues fall on the such a small scale of things. I can't even imagine what a mother would do if you were dealing with a serious illness with your baby. It has just been hard for me it seems this past little bit. Poor Jayden has noticed how much attention Talon has needed and seems to be a little jealous. It is hard to be a Mom sometimes. I wish I was much better at this whole Mom thing. Maybe a little sleep at this point might make a difference. For the time being, I will have to keep taking deep breaths every morning when I stop at a stop light on my way to work. Take a little more time with each blink... and go on with the day. I just hope we can start getting Talon's health back on track.

6 comments:

Ashley said...

I'm so sorry that Talon is still sick, hopefully the doctors will be able to give you some answers soon! I think regardless of the severity it's hard when your kid is sick and there isn't anything you can do to help. You are right, being a mom is a lot harder than I thought it would be! But it's only hard because we love our kids so much and want the best for them. Hang in there!

Cook Family said...

My prayers are with you!! They were so cute at Discovery Gateway. Thanks for givening me the oppertunity to hang with them there. Love Megan.

Rossanne said...

I am so sorry to hear about Talon. That breaks my heart. I hope they finally found out what is wrong. I hope everything gets better.

shannan maio said...

Yes it is hard being a mom sometimes. Hang in there, I know you are a wonderful Mother and your kids love you. Those pictures are so cute. We need to get together.

Brian, Sheena and Boys said...

I completely agree with Ashley, being a mom is much harder than I thought it would be too! And its just because we love our kids so much, and its so hard when we can't fix everything, just like she said. I really hope the doctors can figure out what is going on and hopefully give all of you some relief! Sorry we haven't been in touch lately but let us know if there is anything we can do!

Yorgason Family said...

hey you sorry to hear about Tallon and sorry I didnt give you a call life has been crazy, I talked to tiff and she said you tooked Jayden and thought she may need another year but you put her in clogging how fun. I think Hailey needs another year as well. WE do need to get together we keep saying that but we really do.